Our oceans are warming. Sea levels are rising. Pollution is threatening our air and water. Droughts are hurting our crops. Fires are burning our forests. Extreme weather is destroying our communities.
We are poisoning the planet.
If we stay on this path, our children and our children’s children will be left to face the catastrophic and life-threatening consequences of climate change. This election is our final straw — our last, best chance to elect a leader who will address climate change before it’s too late.
That’s why I’m releasing our campaign’s official plan to tackle the climate crisis. Climate change is an imminent threat to our planet — and our future. It’s within our power to do something about it.
During tonight’s climate town hall on CNN, I’ll share my plan with the American people and talk about how our movement is ready to fight for our planet.
My new plan will:
- Invest $10 trillion to achieve a clean economy by 2045 and create millions of jobs;
- Pursue justice for communities across America shattered by climate change;
- Protect our natural resources by stopping drilling on public lands and investing in renewable energy;
- Hold corporations accountable that pollute our air, land, and water;
- And reassert the United States’ global leadership on climate by rejoining the Paris Climate Agreement.
Many will say this is “too bold.” That this approach is impossible. That our movement won’t be able to bring Republicans and Democrats together.
Nothing is too bold or impossible when our planet — our home — is at risk. This crisis requires bold action. There is no other option — no planet B, no do-overs. Rapid climate change is happening right now and it’s everyone’s responsibility to fight it. Read the full plan here.
Thanks for all you do for our future and our planet.
For The People,
— Kamala Harris